Skip to main content

DNA by Lia Marie Johnson

Dark as midnight
Six pack Coors Light
You don't look the same

Past my bedtime
Blue and red lights
Come take you away

Hate to see you like a monster
So I run and hide
Hate to ask but what's it like to leave me behind

I won't be, no I won't be like you
Fighting back, I'm fighting back the truth
Eyes like yours can't look away
But you can't stop DNA
No, you can't stop DNA

Twice a year, you come in crashing
Nice to see you too
Johnny Cash and backseat laughing
Always ends too soon

Hate to say hello 'cause I know that it means goodbye
Hate to ask but what's it like to leave me behind

I won't be, no I won't be like you
Fighting back, I'm fighting back the truth
Eyes like yours can't look away
But you can't stop DNA
No, you can't stop DNA

Are the pieces of you
In the pieces of me?
I'm just so scared
You're who I'll be
When I erupt
Just like you do
They look at me
Like I look at you

I won't be, no I won't be like you
Fighting back, I'm fighting back the truth
Eyes like yours can't look away
But you can't stop DNA
No, you can't stop DNA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Brochure - Rome

This brochure is for Rome, created by Gayatri and please don't copy. By Gayatri By Gayatri By Gayatri View the next post, for Rio De Janeiro travel brochures. 

The Void:six

-sometimes the darkness knows what I feel - He wanted her, he wanted to let her know that he cared; that he   loved   her. He would die for her, if it meant that she wouldn't be bullied. Her looks never mattered to him, it was her smile, her laugh, her personality was what attracted him the most , because outer beauty didn't mean anything to him, it was what her scared skin held underneath; a beautiful girl who didn't know that she meant something to someone. someone who would die over a hundred times just to see her be happy. The boy wouldn't stop talking to her, he would always be with her and to make thing even worse, he lives right next door. but he made her smile; made her feel happy; and feeling that she hasn't felt since her parent died. she never felt like this before. she felt love. but she was scared, what if it  mended her broken pieces, only to leave them shattered when he leaves her. she wants to let him go but she was afraid that if she let...

Talent Show

It was a hot day, in PIE ( Pondok Indah International School). My school was gigantic like a herd of elephants. On friday afternoon , I was on my way to my P.E class. Suddenly a loud voice from behind, GAYATRI, GAYATRI. It was my friend, Sanya shouting to wait for her. Sanya ran as fast as she could and reached my pace . She couldn’t wait to ask me ”Are you doing something for the fantastic, amazing talent show? ” WHAT TALENT SHOW , WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?” I asked her ignorantly.  Sanya was stunned, that I didn’t know about the talent show, she eagerly shared that it is a show where you present your talent to the audience . OHH thats what a talent show is, thinking in my brain. “ Gayatri we have to practice for our dance also, my mom is going help us with the dance” added Sanya. “Is someone else, doing the dance with us?” I asked. “Yes, the queen of dancing Jia Thadani (Jia) is doing it too.” Chimed Sanya. “You have already asked Jia, if she wants to do the t...